Thursday, September 8

Mind Adventures

When I was younger I wanted to have an adventure. I had watched so many movies. Other than speaking fluent movie quotes I'm pretty good at remembering and recreating full scenes. I'm a total hit at parties. My friends will tell you. As I was saying, childhood-adventures. I didn't want to give up information about myself but for the sake of this story I feel it is crucial for you to know the era I grew up in. I grew up in the 90's. I am that 90's child. All the movies were out. The stars were barely getting started. I grew up on Bruce Willis, Star Wars, Stephen King, Tom Hanks, and the beginnings of Anime. I remember staying up late watching Outlaw Star and Gundam Wing, thinking there's got to be more to life than just work and no play. I was in my head most of the time as a kid. Dreaming up weird scenarios in my head. Looking back now I wonder if that was normal?
I would picture myself going to school. The day would start of regular. Bell rings, signaling all the students to get inside for another long boring educational day. Then for absolutely no reason there would be a dance off. I don't remember the details but it would go something like this:
Me: "Hey, play that beat one more time."
Popular Student: "What you gonna do?"
*Music Starts*
Now, as a grown adult, I've learned to dance but back then. In those days?! I had 3 left feet and a duck leg. But in my head, oh, you'd think that I had invented all those cool moves that even now I don't know the name of. Picture a little kid walking down the street and an eerie smile plastered on that bastard's face. That was me. My smile was due to every boy and girl in my class- in my imaginary class-being impressed with my dancing skills. But it gets better! While everyone in my head is chanting my name, suddenly the school gets invaded, by none other than secret spies who know cool karate moves!
They found me! Suddenly, my secret identity of being a secret spy was uncovered. Now, I'm fighting for my life and the life of every kid at my school! It gets crazy! I suddenly knew how to fight and handle guns and do awesome impossible flips and stunts. Nobody is hurt during this attack, of course. I'm too good to have anybody killed, but I want it to be as realistic as possible so I throw in some injured teachers. Fuck it! Suddenly, all the kids are asking me to help them, and telling me I'm their only hope.
By the time I got to school I was so fucking hyped up it was hard to pay attention. I kept looking out the window waiting for the music to come on so that I could show those nerds my famous moves that only existed in my mind. The music never came on. The ninja spies never attacked. I never got to show anyone my awesome abilities. I spent most of my years in school coming up with new stories. Each story adding on new detail and new plot twists. I think over the course of 21 (I started at age 7) I had over 117 stories. Some intertwined and others were short stories. Finally as an adult I decided to dust off my mental cobwebs and put them down in writing. Which is what my other blog will contain; stories from my childhood imagination.
With in most of my stories there are two or three characters you'll see a lot and they're always the same. First is Shadow. He's quiet, tall, full of muscles. He has gold eyes, long black hair, sometimes it's straight sometimes it's in waves. He's the strong silent type. Shadow doesn't talk to anyone other than his childhood friend Ez. He's like an overprotective brother. He has telepathic abilities as well as others. In some stories you do find out that he is a demon. I'm not sure why but I liked Shadow when I created him and tried to add him into every story. His age changes to fit the story. Maybe I'll draw him for you one day.
Second you meet is Haiku. I really liked that type of poem which is why I named him that. Haiku is Asian. His hair is short and spiky. He has a tone build to him. Black eyes, tan skin, average height. Haiku is usually an officer or a real do-gooder. He's usually considered the outsider. He is loyal and charming. Haiku stands up for those who can't. He can't walk away from a damsel in distress. He doesn't have much money, he isn't really popular, and he likes his liquor. Haiku has the bad boy persona that all woman love to date but never bring home to their mother.
Last but not least is obviously a woman. If it wasn't obvious then it is now. She goes by many names as I can't get a good name for her. Currently she goes by the name of Ez. She is mysterious, loud, and very aggressive.  Ez doesn't have huge breasts and a tiny waist. She's actually pretty fit and very intelligent. She likes people to think she's stupid. Ez has the personality of a thief. She steals jewels, identities, and hearts. It isn't known if she is Shadow's sidekick or if he is hers but they are the closest friends you'll ever know. I do believe there were some feelings at one point but nothing happened between them. Haiku has a crush on her most of the time.
I hope you enjoy that blog, when you get to it.






Please visit my other blog:
shadowtrilogy.blogspot.com

No comments:

Post a Comment